Monday, March 4, 2013

“The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settled for.” Maureen Dowd

It happened.  The Dr. contacted me.  It has been so long I lost track of time -maybe 5 weeks.  He texted "How u doing cutie?"  Hmmm how to respond?  Do I even respond?  Is it worthy of a response?  Arrgg!  So I said, "long time no see."  and he says "Yeah." Oh here we go, with the one word text.  So, I don't respond and he says, "U have some new tool." What?  What does that mean? Lord have mercy!  Why does he have to play games?? Can't he be direct?  What does he want? I respond, "??" and then he responds, "?"  Ok.  I give up...I'm done.  I refuse to keep up with the strange communication.  

Masterful.  He has me thinking about him when I had gotten him mostly out of my mind. Well, he isn't gonna win this one.  I am not responding! 


Meanwhile, during the course of this exchange, "Mr. Nice guy" texts me.  I went out with Mr. NG a few times- super sweet, thoughtful, but didn't have the heart palpitations that I had with the Dr. - he said the text he sent me was meant for his dad (if you say so) but we begin to catch up after 3 months of no contact.  He is the complete opposite of Dr. - complimentary, supportive, clear in his interest.  Why can't I be attracted to him instead of the Dr?  


And so it is...feast or famine, good guy vs bad guy.  What is the lesson?  That I am a weakling when it comes to the Dr?  No, it has to be more global than that.  


A man has to be fun, exciting, somewhat out if reach to keep me interested. It is in the pursuit - the chase -it isn't the person- it is the idea of them. and I have built the elusive Dr. up. He will always disappoint me.


I have an opportunity to do things differently this time.  This time the Dr. will have to work a little harder or at least use complete sentences.  I am too amazing to settle.  


So, until the next time...I am holding my ground and not responding to crumbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment