Wednesday, February 27, 2013

“We often confuse what we wish for with what is.” ― Neil Gaiman,

So, an attractive guy was nice to me.

He was friendly, complimentary, and struck up a conversation about the college sweatshirt I was wearing. Yeah, I put on my best smile and worked the conversation the best I could.  I looked for all the signs that he was off limits -didn't see any -he even suggested that a topic we were discussing was a story for another day.  I was encouraged.  


He was a father.  His daughter is in the same Daisy troop as my daughter.  Later, I asked my 7 year old daughter as slyly as I could, was he married?  She said "yeah, mommy he is."  I said I didn't see a ring.  She said, "He had one on..and he told us in the car he was married."  Somehow, I didn't believe my little princess, so I texted another parent in the group and got the scoop that he was in fact married.


Bummer.


Geez, so men can be friendly, complimentary, and focus the conversation on you without wanting anything. Wow. 


I have to admit, it was nice for a few minutes to have some attention.  I need the practice having those conversations.  I need to be friendly, complimentary, and focus the conversation on others without a motive.  It was a good lesson for me.  


I am still a bummed...it's not everyday I have a conversation with an attractive guy.


But..tomorrow is a new day.


No comments:

Post a Comment