Thursday, March 21, 2013

“Happiness is not the absence of problems but the ability to deal with them.”

  I am in a good place right now.  I have no man in my life and no sign of one to come.  I am not at the weight I want to be nor do I look like I feel I should.  I have lots of things unaccomplished but I am at a good place.  How is that possible?  Sometimes I catch myself thinking, I am happy- really happy.  My life is good.  My kids are healthy.  I have a job I like.  I have interesting people in my life.  I have goals, dreams and desires.  How did I get here?  When I look back on last year, I was thinner, with a job I hated, and a very small circle of friends (2).  My kids were making me crazy and I was recovering from the end of a relationship with a man I really liked.  How did I get here?  What did I do differently?  Was it all the result of environmental changes or did I do something different?

I am a reflective person and I would like to know how these positive changes happened so I can recreate them when needed. 


So here goes with my speculations: 


1) Antidepressants

2) A low stress job
3) A fulfilling side job
4) Happy hour with girlfriends
5) Loving kids
6) An ex husband- who is a great dad
7) Self supporting
8) Lots of interests

Also, I am easy going.  I practice talking myself through things and often say, "How will getting upset help?"  It usually doesn't and so I don't.  I have had a few occasions to be justifiably upset and I chose not to be.  Examples:  Car was vandalized, ex husband stopped the child support, side swiped my own car, man I was seeing was a user and I can't fit into my favorite jeans. 


I have chosen in each situation to stop, reflect on the outcome of my reaction, and choose to say, "it will be ok...everything works out."  That is powerful!  I am powerful!  I can effect a change in my life for the better regardless of my circumstances.  If I want to be happy, I can be!


I choose happiness!




No comments:

Post a Comment